Saturday, December 27, 2008

Kinderbach


Kinderbach is an online music curriculum designed to teach an introduction to music using the keyboard or piano. For this review, I primarily used my 5 year old daughter, even though my boys watched a little. (Quickly after beginning, the boys opted out, feeling they were a bit old for this.) Our family has been a Kindermusik family for many years, so I was curious to see how Kinderbach compared. I was pleasantly surprised.
Kinderbach is advertised as being for 2-7 year olds. I would agree, and maybe even say 2-5 if the child has had any kind of music class, such as Kindermusik. We reviewed the online class, which consists of four 15-minute lessons per week. There are 60 weekly lessons. The lessons have PDF worksheets that you can print out. The course covers such topics as rhythm, note reading, singing and identifying patterns. The tunes are catchy and my daughter seemed to enjoy the time she spent watching.

One of the things to keep in mind is that to really use the program as designed, you need to have a keyboard or piano nearby the computer. I don’t have a laptop, so this was an issue for us.
The cost for the program is $85.95 for the year, if paid at one time. You can also pay $14.95 per month. They also offer a DVD program to purchase if you’d like to use for years to come.


Check out Kinderbach and the reviews from other members of the TOS Homeschool Crew and see what they think about this program.

No comments: